While the new application for the "funnel" is certainly interesting, it is not without its drawbacks. The seal is often difficult to obtain and maintain resulting in leakage, a heavy stream may cause a back-up and additional leakage, the device is contaminated with each use and therefore must be disposed-of (cost of pee'ing could approach $1.00 or more per episode) or cleaned and dried (often in public view and in a germ-ridden sink) assuming of course that a sink and soap is available. There must also be a receiving receptacle such as a toilet, or a very secluded location such as in the woods (won't work in the car or SUV or on a boat unless you are not concerned about the image of pee'ing over the side of the boat), and it can be quite difficult for a young girl to maintain the seal and also manage / direct the stream into a toilet. It is also very difficult and uncomfortable for a parent to try to hold the funnel in place during the process. It is also a very awkward site that is susceptible to ridicule and embarrassment.
GottaTinkle! is a perfect alternative and solution for women of all ages and sizes, and parents of little girls) -
1. GottaTinkle! is compact (easily fits in back pocket, fanny pack, or clipped to a belt loop).
2. GottaTinkle! never comes into contact with genitalia or urine (does not need to be cleaned between uses).
3. GottaTinkle! is low cost for the consumer as it workswith standard or the larger zip lock style baggies that can be purchased at Publix, Big Lots, etc. (no need to pay a $1.00 or more per use as in the case of the disposal funnel devices).
4. GottaTinkle! may be used anywhere and by girls and women of any age, size, etc.
5. Unlike the funnels on the market the device is not "gross" or "awkward" to use (especially for girls), does not require a urinal or bush (as the baggie collects the urine), and does not require cleaning in a dirty sink and then drying before putting it away for the next use. Also, the device may be used repeatedly and by multiple people (as the baggie is the only thing that comes into contact with the body and urine).
6. GottaTinkle! is great for women (for their own personal use) and also parents of young girls. Our oldest - who are 8 and 11 - hold it themselves - we have to hold it for our youngest who is 7.
7. We have been using our product since inception - (a) in public bathrooms at stores, restaurants, etc., (b) on trips to Orlando and other places (in fact recently our daughter used it two times on a late night trip from Orlando to Hollywood while our other two daughters were sleeping - she simply got on her knees in the back of the SUV - pee'd, zipped the baggie, removed it, and my wife placed it in the door until we returned home), (c) on our 22' CC Pro Line boat (very small storage area without a toilet) simply pee and pour overboard, and repeat, (d) while camping and hiking, etc., and (e) when my daughter needed to give a urine specimen to the lab my wife simply had her pee into the baggie and then poured the urine into the lab container on the way home.